Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
Citizens Bank of Canada is a proud member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).
CDIC is a Federal Crown Corporation created in 1967 to protect the money you deposit in member financial institutions, in case of their failure.
The following instruments and/or products* are eligible for deposit insurance from the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, subject always to the maximum coverage limitations outlined in their brochure “Protecting Your Deposits” and provided they are in Canadian funds, are payable in Canada, and have a term of no more than 5 years.
- Short Term Deposits
- Global Chequing Account
- Investment Account
- Ultimate Savings Account
- Business Chequing/Savings
- RSP Ultimate Savings Account
- Official Cheques
- Certified Cheques
- Money Orders
- Outstanding Payment Items
- Outstanding payment items include suspense accounts, items in transit, and unclaimed cheques. Outstanding payment items may not be applicable to depositors in the normal course of their banking
For further information about CDIC, please call 1-800-461-CDIC (2342) or visit their website www.cdic.ca
* Products outstanding as at May 31, 2015